|Installing a New Gas Line - If no gas line currently exists at your property, please follow the steps below to schedule the installation of a new gas line:
STEP ONE: Contact PGW
Contact PGW at least 4-12 weeks before you will need gas service.
- Residential Customers - Ph: (215) 684-6730
- Small Commercial Customers - Ph: (215) 684-6740
PGW will make every effort to provide service as quickly as possible. Allow an average of 4-12 weeks for installation of the gas service. Securing permits and weather conditions may cause delays.
STEP TWO: Documentation Information
A Marketing Representative will contact you and request that you provide the following documentation:
- The builder, contractor or customer's name, service address, mailing address, and phone number
- Load information (BTU / hr Input) on all new or existing gas appliances
- Minimum required gas pressure on equipment
- Approved site / construction plans and project timeline
- Completed tax exemption form (if applicable)
- Gas service residential, commercial, or industrial application completed by the builder, contractor, or customer responsible for initially requesting gas service
Additional documentation may be required. This may include:
- Drawing of internal fuel lines if requesting total connected load of 1400 CFH or 2 PSI of delivery pressure or greater
- Proof of Community Development Corporation (CDC) sponsorship
- Acceptable security (i.e., letter of credit)
- Executed contract
STEP THREE: Processing Your Service Request
The Marketing Representative will process your service request to determine the correct size, the outside meter location, and any upfront costs involved with the installation of your new gas service.
All contractual obligations between Philadelphia Gas Works and the customer must be fulfilled prior to beginning the gas service installation process.
Service Request Applications
Print out and complete one of the following applications:
|STEP FOUR: Completing Your Service Request
Once you have completed the application, please fax it to PGW's Marketing Department at (215) 684-6096 or mail to:
Philadelphia Gas Works
800 West Montgomery Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19122
You can also download our Gas Main and Service Installation Process brochure.
View piping specifications and equipment installation requirements.